I am a License Massage Therapist in the State of Illinois since 2008. I started massage as an adjunct to a career in Personal Training, but after completing the massage therapy program at Cortiva Chicago School of Massage Therapy October 2007, I fell in love with it. I've performed massage at a Health and Fitness club for 7 years while I completed college and achieved a Bachelor of Science Degree in Athletic Training and a Master of Science in Education Degree in Exercise Physiology, both from Northern Illinois University. I use my knowledge in these areas to enhance my massage and provide the best service to my clients. During this time, I have worked with clientele from nearly all ethnic groups, genders, religions, sexual orientations, body types, ages, social classes, professions, and political views. I ensure that no matter who you are, what you have, or where you come from, you are safe and comfortable while in my care.
My massage philosophy is to help facilitate the healing of my clients and ensure they walkout feeling better than they did initially. I listen to my client before the massage, their body and verbal cues during, and feedback after the massage to customize my pressure and techniques to achieve the most effective change in the tissues, without making it too painful or too soft. You are in control of your massage the entire time as I adjust pressure and technique, music selection, and amount of conversation (zero if desired) to what you want.
Other information about me includes:
- Former Instructor of Kinesiology at Northern Illinois University
- Former Instructor at Cortiva, teaching Anatomy Physiology Pathology, and massage techniques.
- I am a Veteran of the U. S. Army with 11 years of service both active and reserves.
- I enjoy resistance training.
- Lastly, and most importantly, I am married and a father of 7 children, 6 wonderful boys and finally a baby girl in 2021.